venerdì 13 ottobre 2017

Nel fondo della foresta



Come un uccello canoro, nel fondo della foresta, canto lodi che tu non ascolterai mai...


Chissà poi cosa cantano davvero, gli uccelli canori, nel profondo della foresta... servirebbe appunto, per capirli, l'anello di Re Salomone.

Un clic qui per l'ascolto








No love is sorrow


Just like the songbird deep in the forest
i sing praises but you never hear
Deep in my body my song is silent
yet content at the times when you're near

Please listen to me and i will tell thee
all those words that have never been said
They shout inside of me but then the coward
behind a weak man starts ruling my head.

I never loved thee and not one other
will know sweetness that lies in my breast
'tis you that made me but have abided me

to uncover my heart to the stars

No love is sorrow but now i'm happy
to have thee in this world for my love
And now you must know my soul is for thee
that's why this life is my sorry love.

(da "Solomon's seal", testo e musica dei Pentangle.)




( il disegno è di Louise Richardson, il dipinto è di Alexander Mark Rossi )

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento